About Our Framework
Timor Adventures was developed with the goal of providing economic development (money and employment) through tourism in the districts of Timor-Leste . The economic model, simply put, was to bring new money to the country and then go around the country and spend it.
Over the years we have reflected on our experience, explored tourism development in other countries as well as collecting and contributing to a body of work about tourism in Timor-Leste. To better understand this work we have created a tourism development framework that has 5 elements. Each element aims to answer a question
- Purpose: Why is tourism important to Timor-Leste?
- Plan: How will this be addressed through tourism?
- Products: What tourism products will be developed for the market?
- Customers: What is being done to attract tourists to Timor-Leste?
- Evaluation: How will we know if anyone is better off? Has the purpose been achieved?
If you have a question about this framework or have something to contribute please contact us
Dave & Shirley Carlos